Jeffrey Lee, Vice President and Relationship Manager of Cardinal Bank’s [now United Bank] Fairfax City office, and Ryan McConnell, Esq., an Estate and Fiduciary Specialist for Wells Fargo Wealth Bank discuss Dealing with Bank Accounts in probate. They discuss such topics as:
- the importance of how bank accounts are titled,
- the process to close decedent's bank account,
- your ability to gain access to closed bank account information,
- the steps to take to gain access to decedent’s safe deposit box,
- the role of the small estate affidavit,
- how to open an estate bank account,
- FDIC coverage of accounts, and
- other tips based on their experiences.
Recorded May 2016.