Interview of attorneys Mary H. Lawrence, from Mary H. Lawrence, PC in Fairfax, and John G. Jackson, from Baskin Jackson in Falls Church, about the steps they advise clients to take at the outset of an estate administration following qualification in the local probate office, including:
- changing the decedent's mailing address at the local post office,
- opening an estate checking account,
- identifying bills to be paid,
- checking for unclaimed property held by Virginia (and other states the decedent may have lived in), and
- typical probate and non-probate assets the executor will have to deal with.
[Recorded 9-2015.Broadcast 12-24-2015]